Accreditations and Recognitions
formerly the Bowen Therapists’ European Register (BTER) – is an independent, professional association of Bowen Therapy practitioners. It is the largest non-profit making professional organisation of Bowen Technique therapists.
BTPA maintains a list of qualified Bowen practitioners for the general public. Full members are accredited therapists with certificates in Anatomy & Physiology and First Aid. They also abide by a strict Code of Conduct and Ethics and are committed to ongoing training. MBTPA denotes a full member.
Developed by Dr Michael Nixon Levy, uses Bowen Technique and Applied Kinesiology as its base, bringing in other techniques such as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) to provide support for the Traid of Health: Physical, Chemical and Emotional.
NST is recognised by the Bowen Therapy Professional Association (BTPA) and maintains its own list of NST qualified practitioners for the general public with AP denoting an Advanced Practitioner and CAP denoting a Certified Advanced Practitioner meaning that the practitioner has gone on beyond the Bowen techniques at Advanced level to also train in what NST refers to as Deep Cures using predominently Kinesiology to test for blockages and weaknesses which need to be addressed to better enable the body to heal itself, together with EFT and other self-help techniques.
Professional Reflexology (PR) is a forward thinking Association for Reflexologists formed and run by Reflexologists with over 100 years joint experience; in practice, teaching Reflexology courses and training the therapists of the future. Our membership standards are exacting and because of this Professional Reflexology members are fast becoming recognised as the pre-eminent reflexologists in the UK. PRM denotes a full member.
A new International Guild representing fully qualified members of a new type of work, originated by John Moorhouse the author of a book ‘Rethinking Reflexology’, which focuses very much on the key neurological routes through the body as represented on the feet and indeed the hands also.
The Association of Reflexologists (A0R) is the foremost aspirational and independent Professional Reflexology Association in the UK since 1984, providing benefits, advice and guidance to reflexologists and working with other external bodies and advisory groups to promote the highest standards in the profession. The Association of Reflexologists is not for profit and is the only UK reflexology membership organisation that are members of both RiEN , and the Reflexology Forum and also the CNHC and has representation at the Parliamentary Group for Integrated and Complementary Healthcare (PGICH). The AoR and it’s members are regularly contacted by the press to speak on reflexology. MAR denotes a Full member.
The International Institute of Reflexology (IIR) is the only reflexology school licensed to teach the Original Ingham Method® of Reflexology. It is the combined work of the late Eunice Ingham and her nephew Dwight C. Byers, the world’s leading authority on Foot Reflexology.
The foot and hand reflexology charts used during our classes are exactly as Eunice Ingham produced them back in the 1930’s. If you want to achieve the best results, beware of imitations.
The Original Ingham Method® of Reflexology has survived for over sixty years because it works. Whilst we continue to develop our techniques, the basis of our work is exactly the same as Eunice documented. ‘Stories the Feet Can Tell Through Reflexology’ and ‘Stories the Feet have Told Through Reflexology’ are two books written by Eunice Ingham, which give case studies demonstrating the effectiveness of her work. Graduates of the IIR have reported thousands of case studies, each demonstrating that Reflexology has delivered significant health benefits to clients of all ages and presenting with a wide range of health problems.
Thermo-auricular therapy (TATh)
Thermo-auricular therapy (TATh), also known as ear candling, is the professional use of Hopi Ear Candles, used to aid relaxation, for the relief of Human Ear, Nose & Throat conditions and associated problems.
The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) is the UK regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners.
The CNHC ‘quality mark’ is recognised as the hallmark of quality for the sector meaning that the general public, and those who commission the services of complementary healthcare
practitioners, are able to choose with confidence by looking for the CNHC quality mark.
The Department of Health recommends that, where CNHC registers the professional discipline in question, you consult with someone who is CNHC registered.
Continuing Professional Development
Kathryn continually develops her knowledge and skills by extensive reading and research but also by going on carefully selected formal courses with recognised tutors of considerable skill and experience from around the world.
Since qualifying in Bowen Technique with Mike Morris of ECBS, and in Clinical Reflexology with the International Institute of Reflexology she has undergone a range of courses with recognised experts in the fields of Bowen, Physio, Medical Pain Management, etc. including, but not limited to, the following:
- Essential Red Flags Training with Dr David Laird, Consultant Anaesthetist. Specialist in Pain Management.
- Kinesiology / Fascial movement taping using Rock tape with Andrew Caldwell.
- Childrens Care
- Palliative Care
- Member of the Royal Society of Medicine enables access to their extensive range of resources
- Neurostructural Integration Technique (NST) Basic course with David Howells
- Body Assessment course with Mike Morris of ECBS
- Neurostructural Integration Technique (NST) Advanced course with Ron Phelan from Australia
- Neurostructural Integration Technique (NST) Deep Cures course with Ron Phelan from Australia
- Body Asymmetry issues with Graham Pennington from Australia
- Hormonal Release techniques developed by Trevor Rose, taught by Ron Phelan
- The essential TMJ (temporo-mandibular joint) 1 and 2 with Ron Phelan
- Pregnancy and Birth – how to achieve the best possible outcome for both mother and baby, with John Wilks and Lina Clerke
- Bowen in Palliative Care work with Helen Perkins
- The Art of Bowen with Alastair McLoughlin
- Smart Bowen Lymphatic drainage and more with Randy Barber
- Finger free Reflexology with David Wayte
- Maternity and Fertility Reflexology with Suzanne Enzer, Midwife and Reflexologist
- Advanced Reflexology Seminar with Dwight Byers, President of the IIR
- Neuroflexology with Jennie Levick
- Vertical Reflex Therapy (VRT) with Allison Walker
- The Language of the feet with Chris Stormer
- Limbic Reflexology with Hamish Edgar